1160 West Georgia Street Vancouver, BC, V6E 3H7
News & Updates
Response to Earthquakes in Turkey & Syria
Our response to the devastating earthquakes that have affected cities and communities in Turkey/Syria includes:
- Corporate Prayer
As a church we will continue to stand and pray with thousands around the world and believe for healing, unity and recovery for the many people who were affected.
- Partner with Samaritan’s Purse:
Samaritan’s Purse has sent scores of disaster relief specialists, including doctors and nurses, to address critical needs in areas leveled by recent earthquakes. Their teams will also be bringing urgently needed items, such as tarps, blankets, and solar lights, into the hardest-hit areas. Between the hospital and other efforts, they will have around 100 Disaster Assistance Response Team specialists on the ground.Click the button below and choose “Turkey Earthquake Relief” in the dropdown menu.
Update to the Provincial Mask & Vaccine Mandate
We are fully open on Sundays at all our locations at 100% capacity! Face coverings will be optional for people at all our campuses. Some people may choose to continue wearing a mask and others will worship freely without a face covering. Either way we anticipate our time together!coastalchurch.org/locationsFor all our campus locations and Sunday Service times, please visit:
Ukraine Relief & Support
Coastal Church has partnered with Livets Ord (Word of Life) Church in Uppsala, Sweden with financial aid to Ukraine. We have sent over $175,000 in response to your generous giving. The update is:
- A huge THANK YOU for standing together with them both in prayer and financial support
- Our giving has gone towards purchasing mini vans, filled with donated pharmaceutical supplies and life necessities. The supplies are left with doctors, with the vans navigating out of the country with refugees. Let’s continue to give out of our abundance to those who are in need during this time and pray for those on the front lines.
HOW YOU CAN BE A PART OF THIS
1. Pray that the light of Jesus will pierce through the darkness of this horrible tragedy.
2. Support the refugee centers
- $50 has provided 10 warm, cozy blankets to families affected by conflict
- $100 has helped supply a month’s worth of nutritious food to a family in crisis
- $175 provides five families with emergency shelter materials
3. An Exit Fund
At the moment it is challenging to get people out of the country. In any case, we want to be prepared for this and for when people are able to leave as refugees from Ukraine.
When this happens, we want to take them to Poland, where they can be directly connected to our local churches. There, they will be welcomed and loved.
Estimated costs are still unclear.
Any funds given for this purpose will be held in the Fund and used directly for this purpose when the borders open up.
THANK YOU! When you give, you’re helping these people to survive in one of the most hostile environments in the world right now. Thank you so much for your desire to help!
Watch Church Online
Programs & Resources
Try Alpha Online:
Joining Alpha has never been easier! You can get started by visiting our Alpha Page, and learn how to participate with other guests in a simulated live environment.
Each week will start with an Alpha video, which will be live-streamed for everyone with an option to participate in real-time chat with other viewers. Our Alpha hosts will also help viewers join breakout groups (via video chat) for discussion immediately after the video is finished.
Whether you’re meeting online or 6 feet apart, Life Groups are how we build community and lasting relationships. You’ll find it helps you engage with God’s Word and grow in spiritual maturity through discipleship.
In-Person groups gather face-to-face in homes, coffee shops, office buildings, parks and other local spots! Whether you’re looking for a Men’s, Women’s, Couples, Singles or Workplace group, there is one that is just right for you!
E-Life Groups allow you to have face-to-face communication with your small group, from any location in the world! All you need is a computer or mobile device to get started.
Our kids team is working on creating resources for parents to help during this season. This includes weekly videos from our Children’s Pastor as well as recommended resources hand-picked from our team! The best way to get updates is by downloading the Coastal Church app or by visiting the Coastal Kids webpage.
Our youth leaders want to stay connected during this time and send out some free resources to watch or download. Just like Coastal Kids, the best way to get updates is by downloading the Coastal Church app or by visiting the Coastal Youth webpage.
We’re excited to share church-wide access to an extensive, new video library called RightNow Media! It’s like the “Netflix of Video Bible Studies” and has a HUGE library of faith-based videos that you can access whenever and wherever you want — on your phone, iPad, computer, or at home on your TV.
As a church, we’re looking for ways to help you develop and strengthen your faith during this season. We believe that RightNow Media will be a tool to serve you as you live out your faith at home, at work and in your neighborhood.
To get unlimited free access, simply click the link below, sign up for an account, and you’re all set to explore more than 20,000 videos. We pray that RightNow Media will be a blessing for you and your family!
Coastal Church App
Stay Healthy & Informed
In a season like this, it’s common for misinformation to spread, and it can be difficult to figure out who and what to trust. Here are some reliable resources that can connect you with accurate and helpful info.
Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC)
Get the most recent updates from public health authorities at all levels of government across the country.
BC Centre for Disease Control
Find information about COVID-19, how to protect yourself, your family and your community and what to do if you suspect you have the virus.
Help reduce your risk of infection:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Using soap and water is the single most effective way of reducing the spread of infection.
- If a sink is not available, alcohol based hand rubs (ABHR) can be used to clean your hands as long as they are not visibly soiled. If they are visibly soiled, use a wipe and then ABHR to effectively clean them.
- Do not touch your face, eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a disposable tissue or the crease of your elbow when you sneeze or cough.
- Regularly clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
- Do not share food, drinks, utensils, etc.
- Handwashing poster